Gislain LIPEME KOUYI
Senior Lecturer – Associate Professor at INSA Lyon, Scientific head of the field observatory for urban water management (OTHU), 40 years old
Campus LyonTech La Doua – INSA Lyon – DEEP, Building J.C.A. Coulomb, 34 avenue des arts, 69621 Villeurbanne Cedex – France
Phone :+33 (0)4 72 43 82 77 – Fax :+33(0)4 72 43 85 21
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Main Research fields:
- Monitoring and modelling (including Computational Fluid Dynamics – CFD approach) of urban waters and stormwater transfer and fate in various scales of drainage systems and infiltration facilities;
- Experiments and modelling of sediment transport and settling.
Author and co-author of 25 peer reviewed international papers, 43 international conference papers, 1 European patent, etc.
2014: Habilitation diploma, University of Lyon, France. Topic: Monitoring and modelling of urban waters and stormwater transport and fate in various scales of drainage systems
2004 : PhD thesis, Louis Pasteur University of Strasbourg, France, Topic: CFD modelling and solid transport in complex combined sewer overflows
2001 : Master of Science in Water Science and Technology, Louis Pasteur University of Strasbourg and ENGEES (National School for Water and Environmental Engineering of Strasbourg), France
Since 2007: Senior lecturer at the University of Lyon / Laboratory of Civil & Environmental Engineering, and in Civil Engineering and City-Planning Department, INSA (National Institute for Applied Sciences) of Lyon – then at Laboratory of Wastes Waters Environment and Pollution – DEEP since 2015.
Oct. 2005-Aug. 2006 period: Researcher on Radiation Technique for wastewater treatment at VIVIRAD Company
2001-2005: Project Teacher for engineer students of the ENGEES.
Dec. 2013 : receiving ADEME/POLLUTEC HORIZON 2013 award during Pollutec international exhibition for his international patent on the novel hydraulic structure design (DSM: Dispositif de Surveillance et de Maîtrise de la qualité des rejets des déversoirs d’orage) leading to improve the monitoring of sewer systems.
Responsibilities, scientific animation and supervision
- Guest Editor of Environmental Science and Pollution Research 21 (8). Title: Chemical, microbiological, spatial characteristics and impacts of contaminants from urban catchments: CABRRES project.
- Scientific coordinator of several national /international programmes and tasks (e.g: FP7 EU PREPARED, ANR Mentor, ANR Cabrres)
- Supervision of 5 post-doc and 8 PhD students since 2007.
- Member of IWA (international water association)
- Member of several French associations and working group on urban hydrology and stormwater management (ASTEE, SHF, AUGC)
- Reviewer for several international journals